Southern Sun Elangini Maharani, Durban
12 July 2018
ANNOUNCEMENT – REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN
The South African Subtropical fruit industries have the potential to contribute to much needed growth in the economy. Part of unlocking this potential is ensuring that black farmers and business people successfully participate in the value chain.
A key factor in sustainable is attracting young people to pursue careers in agriculture.
The Subtrop Transformation Summit 2018 will be addressing the issues relating to this question by:
- Highlighting the importance of attracting the youth to agriculture.
- Informing people of initiatives and resources to facilitate transformation
- Connecting people interested in transformation initiatives
- Activating transformation initiatives
- Addressing challenges relating to transformation
- Inspiring people to play their part in transformation
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in ensuring that we have successful black farmers and business people in the Subtropical fruit and nut industries e.g. Commercial farmers, emerging farmers, government departments, banks, marketers, processors, packers and other service providers.
The programme will be made available soon.
Topics will include attracting the youth to agriculture, the role of extension in agriculture, education for transformation and discussion panels.
Registration fee: R200 per person (VAT included) for member and R250 per person (VAT included) for non-members.
Deadline for registration: Thursday 06 July 2018